Saturday, September 10, 2011

Rattle

Halyn is now 5 1/2 weeks old. I'm guessing she weighs at least 10 lbs by now. (At her 4 week appt she was 9 lbs 14 oz.) She has been doing really good at night. A few nights ago she slept 4 hours straight and last night she slept 4 1/2 hours straight. The older she gets, the more capable she is of sleeping a little longer without waking up to eat. I had no idea that "sleeping through the night" for a baby 3 months and older was 5 hours. If you would have asked me a few months ago if 5 hours was a lot of sleep I would have said definitely NOT but now it sounds amazing! I actually enjoy being up with her at night and in the early hours of the morning when her little eyes are as wide as can be just looking around. Today we went to our library for the first time with Halyn and checked out several picture books and a few baby einsteins dvds. She loves to be read to at night.

We were playing with Halyn before bed the other night and I got out one of her rattles for the first time. She held onto it with a pretty tight grip. Here is a video from September 9, 2011:



This is a closer picture of the outfit she had on. "If I don't sleep, nobody sleeps" New York City. So funny and so true!! (Thanks Christine!!)

No comments: